I’m a journalist, community consultant and media trainer working on various projects which are about helping to connect people, online and off.
As managing director of Talk About Local I come into contact with numerous communities looking to find their online voice and the projects which evolve can go in all sorts of interesting directions.
Current projects include:
- Experimentation with augmented reality platforms via the Nesta-supported hypARlocal initiative.
- Contributoria – Google IPI backed development of a peer-based collaborative platform for storytelling.
- the community noticeboard for Richmond, North Yorkshire www.richmond.n0tice.com.*
This is my primary personal blog which is about all of the above, networked journalism, a bit of technology, open data subjects such as;
- The evolution of journalism.
- Enabling participation through networked communities.
- The institutional impact of all the above – be it newspapers, politics, museums, the military or whatever.
- Sharing knowledge in these areas, on and off-line, whether through formal teaching of students, speaking at events, training print journalists, blogging, or getting involved in networking groups.
I am based in the north of England but regularly travel around the UK, meeting, tweeting, blogging and otherwise seeking.
* This blog and those starred are operated and owned by Dim Sum Digital Ltd.